How do you open a combination lock?How do you open a combination lock?
- Spin the dial at least three times to the right (clockwise), all the way around. This "clears" the lock of any previous numbers.
- Enter your combination. Turn the dial to the right and stop at your first number. Always start with a turn to the right!
- Open the lock. Pull the lock open and out of the hole, or pull the latch or handle, if there is one.
- Lock your locker after use. Make sure, if you have a locker with an unattached lock, that you lock your locker when you leave.
How do you unlock a combination lock?How do you unlock a combination lock?
Determine the combination for the lock with multiple dials. You can usually find this series of numbers on a sticker attached to the lock at the time of purchase. Adjust each dial on the combination lock to its appropriate setting. Pull the padlock portion of the lock up to unlock the multiple dial combination lock.
How to unlock a combination lock?How to unlock a combination lock?
How to Unlock a Combination Lock Without Knowing the Combination
- Cracking the Code. There's a way to crack the code of a combination lock when you've forgotten it. ...
- Padlock Shims. If your combination lock is older, it's possible to create a shim (a type of wedge) to force it open.
- Master Lock Reset. To reset a combination lock, such as those made by Master Lock, you'll first need to find its serial number.
What to do with combination lock?What to do with combination lock?
Pick up a combination lock. Turn your combination lock three or more times to the right. Stop on the first number in the combination. It is okay if you slow down. Turn the lock to the left, passing the second number only once. Once you get around to it the second time, stop turning.